CRITICAL CITRIX ADC AND GATEWAY REMOTE CODE EXECUTION VULNERABILITY
WHAT IS VULNERABLE?
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway 13.0 before 13.0-58.32
- Citrix ADC and?Citrix?Gateway?12.1?before?12.1-65.25
- Citrix ADC 12.1-FIPS before 12.1-55.291
- Citrix ADC 12.1-NDcPP before 12.1-55.291
NOTE: Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway version 13.1 is unaffected.
- On December 14 Citrix published a security bulletin announcing fixes for a vulnerability in their Citrix ADC and CITRIX Gateway products.
- CVE-2022-27518 is a Remote Code Execution vulnerability and has a CVSS severity of 9.8/10.
- Citrix Gateways are high-value targets because of the function they serve providing access to the inside of your network and are exploited very quickly so organisations operating an impacted product should update these systems immediately.
- These vulnerabilities affect Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway Appliances when they are configured with IDP and SAML.
- Citrix-managed cloud services are unaffected.
- CITRIX reports that they are seeing this exploit being actively used.
- This does not affect CITRIX ADM or CITRIX SD-WAN.
- If you have already updated your CITRIX appliances in response to CVE-2022-27510, CVE-2022-27513 and CVE-2022-27516 you are already protected from this vulnerability.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Any Citrix ADC appliances running 12.1 and 13.0 need to be updated to the latest version of the software released on December 14, details available here
- Cythera continues to monitor Managed Detection & Response for associated indicators of attack and port exploitation activities
- Cythera Vulnerability Management Clients are actively being scanned for any vulnerable instances of Citrix appliances
- Consult with Vendors to ensure that their appliances have been patched